The Crew Dogs and The Bozosphere
Welcome Back Smile
Welcome Back Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a forum for the comics Crew Dogs and Bozosphere

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

James MacArthur Has Died

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BudMalone
Trainee
Trainee

James MacArthur Has Died Empty
PostSubject: James MacArthur Has Died   James MacArthur Has Died EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 5:39 pm

James MacArthur, the actor who played Danny "Danno" Williams on the original (i.e. the REAL) Hawaii Five-O died today. "Book 'Em, God, Cloud Nine". And another generator of my favourite memories growing up has died. What a lousy year. Godspeed, Danno!
Back to top Go down
caribeandragon
Trainee
Trainee
caribeandragon

PostSubject: Re: James MacArthur Has Died   James MacArthur Has Died EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 12:01 pm

well here is a new version of his show's theme song in his honor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST-XJWDIVMY
Back to top Go down
BudMalone
Trainee
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: James MacArthur Has Died   James MacArthur Has Died EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 12:37 pm

Wow, that was WILD compared to the original! Thanks, but I'm going to have to vote for the original. Then again, as an old fart, I don't do the whole "re-imagining" thing very well. Never watched new Battlestar Galactica, and have yet to see the new Trek movie, despite being a life long trekkie. (Note: Trekkers are little ... um ... so as not to offend the ladies out there, we'll stick with "wimps") who are trying to elevate themselves into some kind of elitist group. Trekkies surrendered their dignity DECADES ago - we're fen (the plural of fan), and we're proud of our fat guts, receding hairlines, and extreme discomfort around "mundanes" - non-fen. (BTW, that description works for a lot of the women fen, too. Scary!)

Where was I? Dang, went off on another "old-man" rant again.

Whoops, gotta split. The wife just returned with parts, gotta fix some plumbing that cracked wide open. Darn that new-fangled plastic stuff, gimme steel pipe! (Oops, old fart alert again!)
Back to top Go down
caribeandragon
Trainee
Trainee
caribeandragon

PostSubject: Re: James MacArthur Has Died   James MacArthur Has Died EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 8:38 am

BudMalone wrote:
Darn that new-fangled plastic stuff, gimme steel pipe! (Oops, old fart alert again!)

Ooook I don't know if I should go with "aaaawkward!" or "That's what she said" on this one lol!
Back to top Go down
BudMalone
Trainee
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: James MacArthur Has Died   James MacArthur Has Died EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 8:56 am

At the risk of supplying you with more ammunition, I hate plastic and glass furniture. Gimme wood! Twisted Evil

Or, if you prefer, how about "Sorry I wasn't around last evening, the wife and I were laying pipe!" Shocked

I believe the phrase you're looking for is "Hey-Oh!" Cheap rimshots are also applicable. Comments are void in Wisconsin, Idaho, and certain regions. Please check your double-entendre cardholder rules before applying. Levels of interest are liable to sudden drops.

There, did that cover the legalese? And apologies to any I've offended - when you've spent your life around the kind of people I have, the lowest common denominator will ALWAYS take precedence! Laughing
Back to top Go down
caribeandragon
Trainee
Trainee
caribeandragon

PostSubject: Re: James MacArthur Has Died   James MacArthur Has Died EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 9:15 am

yeah I have to agree on that one with you. Specially around military
Back to top Go down
BudMalone
Trainee
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: James MacArthur Has Died   James MacArthur Has Died EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 9:33 am

The sad part for me is, I've never served. I'm just a lowly civilian. Then again, I have spent a great deal of time around current and former military, as well as around the sci-fi fan community. Which is, if you've never had the .. um .. "pleasure", is a group that often defies description, if not belief. When one such person told me they were looking for a different job, because their current one would not allow them enough time to work for their Starfleet "ship", well.... Throw in people who take their entire year's vacation time from their job to fly to conventions all across the country (Guilty! cheers ), people who dress in costume (Again! cheers ), and even people who have spent huge amounts of time building toys from various shows (Hat trick! cheers I have K-9 from Doctor Who in the 70s-80s), you can see that these are hardly people of, shall we say, sterling character. Then there are the re-enacting geeks (4 for 4! cheers ) who actually sleep out in fields during the winter without tents, blankets, or heaters (froze my canteen off - literally!) in between "battles".

And people wonder why I'm so .. unique. Throw in a several dozen airshows and car races worth of inhaling toxic exhaust fumes, and all I have to say is - where's the wonder?!?
Back to top Go down
caribeandragon
Trainee
Trainee
caribeandragon

PostSubject: Re: James MacArthur Has Died   James MacArthur Has Died EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 7:01 am

[quote="BudMalone"]people who dress in costume (Again! cheers ),there are the re-enacting geeks (4 for 4! cheers ) who actually sleep out in fields during the winter without tents, blankets, or heaters (froze my canteen off - literally!) in between "battles".quote]

I did those two. I have dressed like a squire for a reinasance (I know spell check is a B...) group here in texas. I also did not realize, until late, that A LOT of people came to get pics with me and not the Knight I was being a squire for. His Armor was very unique so ofcourse the thought was well everyone want to take a pic with the knight that looks like the Demon form of Dante in "Devil may Cry". Little that I know that people where taking pics of the squire, who coincidentaly, looked like Link from the legend of Zelda. I dont have the pics since they are stored on a hard drive owned by an ex-Gf but it was hilarious to see the faces of little kids when they saw their video game hero in action. Even if it was a squire fight. it is not easy to explain however, that you have to use a wig because you do not have long hair since you are in the military, that you are not an elf and, ergo do not have pointy ears and your sword is not the master sword and it will not shoot energy beams when used in a fight.

James MacArthur Has Died Link10
Back to top Go down
BudMalone
Trainee
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: James MacArthur Has Died   James MacArthur Has Died EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 8:39 am

I gotta ask - did you do the Faire thing around the Dallas-Ft Worth are in the early 80s? If so, you may have run into my wife! She was doing that circuit just before I met her at a sci-fi con. What a small world!

At least you had intelligent people complimenting you. I used to hit a faire north of Chicago, wearing my repro chainmail. Literally hundreds of clods every weekend with the same two jokes. "Hey, it's the MAIL man!" "You got a CHAIN letter for me?". There was a reason I never carried sharpened blades, and it had nothing to do with keeping the kiddies safe or not hurting the faire staff! Twisted Evil

I did get one real sweet assignment, though. A friend of mine wanted a Medieval theme for her wedding. The whole wedding party had to go out and rent tacky costumes (they weren't re-enactors). I was asked to be the door guard. There I stood, resplendent in my full armour and garb, with a 10' polearm I borrowed from a fellow re-enactor. I had more pictures taken of me that day than at any 10 WW2 re-enactments! A great compliment, almost as good as my absolute favourite. I was doing a German WW2 re-enactment when I literally bumped into an actual WW2 vet. He looked me up and down, and pronounced "You look good enough to shoot!" I thanked him profusely, leaving the poor old gent rather confused. Hey, what better compliment than from a vet who really DID shoot Germans in WW2! Very Happy

Maybe sometime, I'll tell you about the time we took our sci-fi fan club to the Faire, costumed and armed from my wife's and my collection, and saved Robin Hood from the King's Guard. And we weren't part of the staff! Gave the crowd a great show! God, I miss civilisation! Sad
Back to top Go down
caribeandragon
Trainee
Trainee
caribeandragon

PostSubject: Re: James MacArthur Has Died   James MacArthur Has Died EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 7:15 am

I wasnt doing that back then, just recently, about 2 years ago. I wa part of the realm of "Bjornil" (I think thats is how u spell it)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James MacArthur Has Died   James MacArthur Has Died Empty

Back to top Go down

James MacArthur Has Died
Page 1 of 1