The Crew Dogs and The Bozosphere
Welcome Back Smile
Welcome Back Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a forum for the comics Crew Dogs and Bozosphere

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any RailFans Out There?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BudMalone
Trainee
Trainee

Any RailFans Out There? Empty
PostSubject: Any RailFans Out There?   Any RailFans Out There? EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 9:18 am

If any of you love steam locomotives, let me know. We got some GREAT shots of a 4-6-2 and a diesel moving an old donkey (little 0-4-0 tank engine) and its' equally ancient caboose off to a rail museum nearby. The donkey wasn't steaming (and can't), but the other loco was GLORIOUS! I can get lotsa pics (shot off 3 dozen film photos, some digital shots, and about 10-15 seconds of video) if anybody wants.
Back to top Go down
Jenamie
Mrs. Crew Dog
Mrs. Crew Dog
Jenamie

PostSubject: Re: Any RailFans Out There?   Any RailFans Out There? EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 10:47 am

I've never even been on a train out side of amusement parks
Back to top Go down
BudMalone
Trainee
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Any RailFans Out There?   Any RailFans Out There? EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 12:12 pm

Oh, sweet lady, you don't know what you're missing! Those huge black machines, huffing and chugging and sweating like living creatures, the smell of steam and gear oil and burning coal, the earth-shaking rumble as those 6' high driving wheels pound along the steel rails.... ah, the romance of things past. 'Course, I'm the guy who was at an airshow in Kalamazoo, standing right behind a P-47 about to crank up its' engine. The air show guys couldn't figure out why I would WANT to stand behind the plane as the exhaust engulfed me. Ah, the smell of engine oil and unburned hydrocarbons from that huge 18-cylinder radial engine, a sweeter perfume has never graced your olfactory senses.

Yeah, I'm an old fart. I admit it. And I love things older than I am. Then again, standing alongside a runway when an F-15 blasts past, on full afterburner while it reaches into the heavens, has its' moments too. Or a racing car with a wide-open V-8 cracking off a shift as it passes under the same bridge you're standing under, the thunder of its' engine actually changing the rhythm of your heartbeat....

Sorry, I'm better now. Just don't try to sell me a Prius, OK? Any RailFans Out There? Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Beetle
Comic God
Comic God
Beetle

PostSubject: Re: Any RailFans Out There?   Any RailFans Out There? EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 1:48 pm

Sounds like you want to have intimate relations with a train...
Back to top Go down
http://www.thebozosphere.com
BudMalone
Trainee
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Any RailFans Out There?   Any RailFans Out There? EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 2:06 pm

Well, if the people who made those things didn't want us to get romantic with them, why did they put COUPLERS on their CABOOSES?

<rim shot>

And have you ever seen the size of the HEADLIGHTS on those locos?

<ba-doom-boom>

Okay, I'll stop now. You guys have been nice to me, you don't deserve the full PUNishment. Any RailFans Out There? Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
vee-one
FNG
FNG
vee-one

PostSubject: Re: Any RailFans Out There?   Any RailFans Out There? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 7:38 am

<Raises Hand>

I've been a railfan all my life.
Back to top Go down
http://www.afblues.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any RailFans Out There?   Any RailFans Out There? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any RailFans Out There?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Crew Dogs and The Bozosphere  :: The FanZone :: News and Entertainment-